3 Amazing Giloy Benefits for weight loss, hair and skin India 2021
The time has come when humans need to be more immune and internally strong than ever before due to the ongoing conditions of the spreading pandemic- COVID 19. Apart from boosting immunity Giloy benefits also provides magnificent benefits for weight loss, hair, and skin.
The scientific name of Giloy is Tinospora Cordifolia which is a member of the herbaceous vine of the family Menispermaceae. They have generally heart-shaped leaves and are native to the Indian Subcontinent. It is also commonly known by the name Guduchi.
Giloy has been used in Indian culture for many centuries for the treatment of diseases like chronic fever and to boost digestion and immunity power and in Ayurveda, it also has many other medicinal benefits as well. The plant has an extensively spreading, large, and deciduous structure with several elongated twining branches. However, the position of leaves on the plant is alternate with a simple heart-like structure similar to a betel leaf.
In Sanskrit, it is also known as ‘Amrit’ which translates to ‘Nectar’ in English. It is an ancient herb that is known for its immunity-boosting powers and fighting against multiple pathogenic diseases.
Nowadays It is available in many forms to consume. Some of the most common forms are:-
- Giloy Tablets
- Giloy juice
- Giloy Churna
In common Indian homes giloy bel can be found easily and to make a giloy juice at home you have to follow these steps:-
- Remove all the leaves from the stem of the giloy bel.
- Cut the stem into small 1 or 2 inches pieces.
- Wash them properly.
- Put it in boiling water (1 cup water in around 4-5 1-inch pieces of Gilloy)and boil it in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now filter the water with the help of a sieve.
The yellow liquid which you now have is the giloy juice is also known as Giloy ka kadha which is rich in antioxidants that helps to improve our immunity and is very beneficial for our hairs, skin, and weight loss.
Some people also prepare this Giloy juice by peeling the outer stem of the Giloy plant and adding them to a blender by chopping them and adding water. The green liquid is then filtered using a sieve and a fresh glass of Giloy juice is ready.
Giloy has multiple benefits which are as follows:-
Giloy for Weight loss
Giloy is very beneficial in boosting immunity power by enhancing the metabolic activity of the human body. The increased metabolism eliminates the accumulated fats from the body. It also increases the power of the digestive system which in return reduces the chances of high BP. The accumulated fat and regulated blood pressure lead to weight loss. If you want to lose weight then it is highly recommended that you should consume giloy juice or giloy tablets with lukewarm water in the morning which will help you out with indigestion problems as well.
You might have to consume giloy regularly for 1-2 months if you want to use it as a weight control measure and keep track of your eating habits. Giloy helps to improve digestive fire and reduces the amount of AMA (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion) and helps in decreasing weight.
Giloy for hair
Giloy leaves can be used as a remedy for hair loss prevention and regrowth of hairs. It has properties like Katu(pungent) and Kashaya(astringent) which can be applied on the scalp as a hair mask which helps in decreasing dandruff and increase natural hair growth.
Tips to make giloy mask for hair:-
- Collect green leaves of giloy and blend them in a mixer.
- Add a liquid base like honey or rose water to it.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse off the hair mask with the help of any herbal shampoo.
Giloy for Skin
Giloy can also be used for skin problems as well and it can be consumed in the form of powder, kadha, or tablets as well. It helps in removing toxins from the human body. Giloy leaf paste can be applied to a wound which in turn increases the healing process due to increased collagen production and skin regeneration.
Giloy helps in managing skin problems that happen due to the imbalance of any of the three dosha (VATA, PITTA, and KAPHA) which can lead to dry or itchy skin which increases irritation and inflammation. Giloy helps in fighting these above-mentioned Tridosha from it’s oily astringent and healing properties which leads to healthy and disease-free skin.
How to make a paste of giloy–
- Mix ¼ to ½ teaspoon giloy powder with milk.
- Apply it to your skin
- Apply the mixture 2-3 times a week to control dryness and get wrinkle-free skin.
Another way to make a paste is-
- In 1-2 teaspoons of giloy juice mix an equal amount of honey to it and apply it on the skin.
- Apply on the skin to control blemishes and hyperpigmentation.
The recommended dosage of Giloy:-
- If you are consuming Giloy in Juice for then 2-3 tablespoon of juice once or twice in a day
- Giloy Churna- ¼ to ½ teaspoon twice daily
- Giloy Tablet- 1-2 tablets twice daily
- Giloy Capsule- just like tablets you can take 1-2 capsules in a day.
- Giloy extracts- 1 pinch twice a day.
Giloy is used for centuries in Indian culture and for short-term usage, no side effects are seen. Whenever the weather changes at least then you should make children and other members of the family drink giloy juice or kadha. If you are not able to find giloy nearby you then you can check out some of the options below.
One of the oldest names in the ayurvedic manufacturer of medicines in India.
- It is rich in anti-oxidants
- Helps to overcome weakness after a long illness
- Also beneficial for joint pains weight management and tiredness.
- -Tastes sour and has a thick texture, unlike other giloy juice which is having a water-like texture.
- It is in juice form so the proper way to intake it is by adding 12-20 ml of juice mixed with a cup of water after meals.
- This is a 1-liter bottle and one of the best ayurvedic products available.
If you are having Covid-19 like symptoms it could help in increasing immunity by decreasing body pain, fever, and breathing problems.
It is slightly overpriced as compared to its competitors but totally worth it.
To make its taste better the concentration of giloy might be compromised in this product.
Consume the bottle within 1 month of opening the seal.
It is a very good and reputed company known for its products in the Ayurveda medicine industry. It is widely used for the treatment of fever, general weakness, skin, urinary disorders, and increasing immunity.
Very beneficial in diseases like fever, Dengue, Chicken Guinea, skin-related diseases, and urinary disorders.
This product is in the form of tablets which are easy to consume. One should definitely make a habit of having giloy tablets daily as a part of their lifestyle. They are easy to consume as compare to giloy roots and syrup as they don’t leave an after taste.
– Easy to consume
– Good for digestive disorders
– Good for skin and urinary disorders
– Excellent product for immunity boosting
Dabur is also one of the major players when it comes to ayurvedic medicinal products. This product is also filled with the goodness of Giloy and helps to increase the immunity and provides a shield from infections. Also beneficial in improving digestive problems.
- This pack contains 100 tablets which can be easily consumed with water.
- Beneficial for improving digestive disorders.
- Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice a day or as directed by a physician.
Another excellent product from the ayurvedic medicine giant. 1 bottle of this product contains 60 tablets.
There are multiple benefits to this product:
- Immunity booster- like all other giloy products this also helps you in boosting your immunity and enhance the body’s defense mechanism.
- Helps in balancing Pitta. – consuming this product daily will help you in easing inflammatory(pitta) sensation in your hands, feet skin, and controls acidity by improving your digestive system. Maintains a perfect balance of all the 3 doshas of the body.
- Giloy is also the source of many nutrients and vitamins and it is also the finest source of antioxidants that fight the free radicals and protects cell damage.
- This is a GMP certified product which is safe for all age groups. Dosage is advised as 1-2 tablets daily or as directed by the physician.
Baidyanath is a patriarch in the field of Ayurveda which has over 100 years of legacy in this field. They have the strongest network of herb growers from where they get the purest of herbs from indigenous locations across the country to provide the best possible products.
This product contains a 500 mg dose of giloy and they are in the form of capsules.
Benefits of this product:-
- Like other giloy products, this is also a very good immunity booster and helps fight infections caused due to pathogens.
- Rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arthritis, anti-allergic, anti-high glucose, and immunomodulatory properties which makes it a natural immunity booster.
- Anti-bacterial effects.
- Dosage is advised as 1 capsule after breakfast and in severe cases 2 capsules every day after meals or as directed by the physician.
Now, what could be more beneficial than consuming the direct source of immunity booster instead of taking a tablet or capsule.
This product contains 16 pieces of 6-inch stems of giloy. It is a completely organic product with all the natural properties and they are also fresh. The stems you will find inside are also green which gives the guarantee of the freshness of the product.
If you are wondering how to make giloy juice then you can easily make giloy juice or Kadha (Tea) by following these simple steps. Also
– Cut the stems into small 1-2 inch pieces
– Put 10-15 pieces in 1 liter of water and boil for 20-25 minutes
– Once the water turns yellowish then filter the solution using a sieve.
– Congratulations you have successfully made a giloy kadha (tea) which is freshly prepared by you and can be enjoyed by your family and yourselves.
You can also use these sticks to grow more sticks in your home garden.
In the end, we can say that you can choose any one of the products mentioned above every one of them works just fine. If you want to choose a product which is juice based then go with Baidyanath giloy juice. However, the best product if you want a fresh and everlasting source of giloy is you should go with the giloy sticks Pukaroveda Giloye/Giloy Plant/Neem Tree Guruch Fresh Stems.
Also read:- Best 5 UV Light Sanitization box in India in 2021 for sanitization purposes.