Top 10 Best Projector for Home Use in India under 30000 (2021)
During these uncertain times where we don’t know when the next lockdown will happen and when will it end. We need some source of entertainment in our homes and what’s the best source of entertainment other than watching television with our loved ones. You can enhance your entertainment game with the help of the best projector for home in India.
There can be several reasons that you might want to purchase a projector over a television. The biggest one is the bigger image. Other than that you can easily change the position of a projector and move it to your terrace or garden for a movie night with your loved ones. Movie theatres are not a safe place to visit now and there we have created a list of the best projector for home use in India.
Best projector for Home Use in India under 30000 Rupees
The first on our list is the Egate i9 Pro. It comes with a full 1080P HD support and a resolution of 1000:1. The display or screen size can be extended up to 3.04m or 120 inches. With a lamp life of 30000+ hours, it is a cheap option to consider.
Talking about connectivity all the basic input and output options are available such as HDMI, 2X USB, VGA, AV, SD card, and audio out. It also has inbuilt speakers. You can connect your Set-Top Box, Amazon Fire TV, PC/Laptop DVD, PlayStation, etc.
It has a digital zoom with X and Y-axis control. The manufacturer is giving a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Dimensions: 20.8×16.8×7.8 cms.
Weight: 997 grams
Lumen capacity: 2600 Lumen
The aspect ratio is 16:9 and the refresh rate is 60 fps. This projector is a ceiling mount projector. The best part is it comes with an IR(Infrared) Remote. That means you do not need to point the remote towards the projector. Wherever you point the remote will work.
- Best for watching movies, playing games and cricket matches, as it offers throw distance of up to 120 meters.
- Weight is less (approx 1 Kg) so quite portable.
- Comes with a number of input slots to connect.
- Very economical price.
- Not good for office Presentation as text gets blurry.
- Internal sound quality is not so good. Its better to buy a home theater.
- Not so good if you are watching it in daylight. Good for dark rooms.
Another good product from EGate. It provides a better display than its predecessor mentioned above. The resolution it gives is 16:9, 1500:1 with high contrast ratio and the screen size it can provide is 150 inches. With a brighter lumen power and 30000+ hours of life, it provides a clear picture.
With all the basic connectivity features such as 2 HDMI ports, USB ports, VGA connectivity, SD card slot, and audio out it also comes with an inbuilt stereo speaker. You can also connect your STB, Fire TV stick, PC/Laptop DVD, Playstation, etc.
This projector also comes with a digital zoom with X and Y-axis control. The manufacturer is also giving a warranty of 1 year from the date of manufacture. It is also mounted on the ceiling.
Dimensions: 22×16.6×9.4 cms
Weight: 900 Grams
Lumen capacity: 2600 Lumens
- Very good brightness and picture quality.
- Supports a huge size of 150 inches for a home theatre from a short distance.
- Build quality is very good.
- Lumen capacity is very good and suitable for watching videos in daylight as well.
- In this price range, it is one of the best projector for home in India.
- An infrared Remote is provided which works from both front and back. No need for direct pointing.
- No Horizontal panning.
- Some users have reported a sound issue.
- Average sound quality, hence for a better effect use a home theatre.
- Some video formats are not supported via USB input.
- Does not support Bluetooth pairing, miracast, and other wireless options without auxiliary supporting devices.
This projector uses LED as a source which offers better brightness and improved color quality. With the support of screen size up to 120 inches, it has inbuilt speakers to give you a private theatre experience.
The projector provides you 1080P HD quality image and support almost all input types such as HDMI, VGA, etc and is also compatible with Amazon fire stick, smartphone, set-top box and much more. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and is also certified by BIS
Dimensions: 21.2×7.2×15 cms
Weight: 1 Kilogram
Lumen capacity: 1800 Lumens
Resolution: 1920×1080 b
- The price is affordable.
- Decent output quality.
- Easily connect to speakers with an aux cable.
- Bluetooth connectivity helps in direct connection with laptop speakers.
- Brightness is a little low hence best suitable for contained and environment where the light is low.
- Speaker quality is average.
- The horizontal position of the screen requires some effort.
The android projector from Visitek gives 1080P Full HD resolution and 720P native resolution. With incredible 210-inch screen support and 3300 Lumen capacity and a high contrast ratio of 2000:1, this is one of the best projector for home in India.
Some special features include a 4D digital keystone, quad-core CPU, 1 GB Ram, 8 GB ROM, and an Android 6.0. It also offers some features which many low-end projectors don’t such as BlueTooth 4.0, mirroring, etc. All other inputs such as HDMI, VGA, USB, SD card, and inbuilt speakers with audio output are available. Also, support streaming devices and multiple OTT platforms.
Dimensions: 23x9x20 cms
Weight: 1 Kg
Lumen capacity: 3300 Lumens
Resolution: 1080 Full HD
- Miracast feature is available which means you can easily watch Youtube videos and Zee5 videos effortlessly.
- No need to point the remote directly to the projector.
- With a lumen capacity of 3300, it works great in bright areas as well.
- It is based on Android hence office files such as word, Xls, PowerPoint, etc open smoothly even on big screen sizes.
- Some inbuilt apps do not support all media types, which should not be a problem if you are using a laptop or streaming stick.
- No major cons noticed about this projector. It is one of the best projector under 15000 rupees in India.
Epson is a known name when it comes to peripheral electronic devices. This is a 3300 Lumen powerful ceiling mount projector that provides a screen resolution of 800×600. It comes with all the basic input ports such as HDMI, VGA, etc, and inbuilt speakers of up to 2W mono.
The high contrast ratio of 15000:1 provides a good picture quality and it also contains a horizontal keystone slider. The lamp life is almost 10000 hours in eco-mode.
Dimensions: 30.2×23.7×8.2 cms
Weight: 2.5 Kgs
Lumen capacity: 3300
- Can be connected via the Wifi and Lan module.
- Picture quality is very good even in bright environments.
- Customer service is very good.
- Best projector for office use and classroom training.
- Sometimes emit heat due to 3300 lumen power
- Only native 4:3 resolution so you won’t get fullscreen pictures like HD, UHD, or 4K.
- You can’t connect to speakers with the projector directly.
This projector from Myra provides a screen size of 37-130 inches with an optical resolution of 800×60 dpi. It supports 1080P and a screen range of 4:3 to 16:9. With a lumen capacity of 1800 and 3D support red-blue 3D glasses, this is a unique feature.
Comes with all the basic inputs such as HDMI, SD, Audio, AV TV interface, USB, and keystone.
Lumen capacity: 1800 Lumens
- Small in size hence better portability.
- Remote control response is quick and easy.
- Picture quality is good in a dark room.
- Economic choice and one of the best projectors for the home in this price range.
- Customer support is very responsive.
- Not so good for PowerPoint presentation or official presentation.
- USB port only supports Pendrive, not Hard disk or phone.
- Should have a dark room to project the output. In a bright room, the visual is not good.
- Do not read all video formats.
- The sound is average, you should attach external speakers for enhanced quality.
- The 3D video feature is very basic and you cannot expect more at this price range.
With a screen resolution of 1280×800 and an average life of 30000 lumens, this projector is a very powerful one as it offers a brightness of 3000 Lumens. It is a ceiling mount type projector and provides a 1080P full HD picture.
The manufacturer is offering a one-year warranty on the product with all the basic connectivity features such as HDMI, USB, VGA AV, etc.
Provides all the basic connectivity features such as Bluetooth, wireless, android app usage, etc, and direct streaming device plug and play.
Dimensions: 30x20x13 cms
Weight: 2 KG
Lumen capacity: 3000
Resolution: 1080P Full HD
- With high picture quality and multiple connectivity features such as Bluetooth and other android apps, this is a power-packed projector.
- Easy user interface.
- The sound quality of inbuilt speakers is also very good.
- Economic product to buy and built quality is also good.
- Not so good for PowerPoint presentation. Text gets blurry.
- Edges seem to be a little out of focus as the electric keystone correction is not so effective.
- Some limitations while using the in-built Amazon prime app, like the video, cannot be forwarded. It’s better to use the firestick.
This projector has a unique portable design which you conveniently take anywhere with auto keystone correction to keep the picture perfectly square. LED projector with DLP 30000 hours of LED and wire-free connectivity with dual-band wifi(2.4/5G) and it also has its own wifi hotspot to stream wirelessly from the device’s local storage.
It also works as a portable BlueTooth speaker to bring an amazing music experience. It has an amazing built-in projector with Android (google cast) and iOS (Airplay) compatible with screen sizes up to 100 inches. All in one USB type C display port, media reader also available.
Dimensions: 15.8x8x8 cms
Weight: 708 gram
- Portability is the most important feature, and it is very stylish.
- Not just a projector but also a BlueTooth speaker.
- Easy to set up in seconds.
- Latest connectivity features such as mobile, wireless devices, etc.
- External speakers are required for a big room.
- You need to be extra careful while handling.
- Not able to use Amazon prime on the device but you can stream from your phone.
This projector from BenQ provides SVGA 800×600 resolution with an ANSI brightness of 3200 Lumens. The contrast ratio is 13000:1 and PC 3D-ready. It is a filter-free, one-key auto-adjustment.
Dimensions: 35.2×29.79×14.2 cms.
Weight: 2 KG
Lumen capacity: 3200 Lumens
Resolution: Full 1080P
- High Lumen capacity for better viewing in brightness also.
- Good viewing clarity.
- No source detected feature.
- No HDMI, USB, and AVI ports. You have to buy a separate VGA to HDMI port.
This is a super convenient and portable projector that enables you to put on a show anytime, anywhere. Being so small does not hinder its capability to project on a screen of 120 inches at an 11-foot throw distance.
The inbuilt battery offers 2 hours of continuous projection with a 5-sec quick boost and a simple connection. Texas instruments certified device. Offer great connectivity with wireless media streaming and HDMI dongle. Image contrast 400:1 and aspect ratio 16:9 and a max vertical rotation of 480P. The connector type is C, HDMI, and USB-A.
Dimensions: 5.6×11.4×21.6 cms.
Weight: 9..9 Ounces
Lumen capacity: 105 ANSI Lumens
- No need for a tripod or mounting.
- Extremely portable for on the go.
- Supports a good 120-inch display with a short throw.
- Wireless connectivity with media streaming using HDMI Dongle.
- Very light in weight and easy to carry.
- It remains unavailable most of the time on many online platforms.
- The output image is not of full HD quality.
Final Verdict: Ultimately you cannot put a tag on something to be the best and another to be the worst. That totally depends upon the users’ requirements and budget. That is why we have divided them into different categories and we have selected the following projectors as the best projector for home in India.
- Best projector under 10000 rupees in India – EGate i9 Pro Max Full HD
- Best projector under 15000 rupees in India – Visitek V6 Smart Android HD projector
- Best projector for classroom in India – Epson EV S41 SVGA
- Best portable projector in India – BenQ GV1 portable porjector
You can select any of the above mentioned projector for home theatre use
The ultimate buying guide on how to select the best projector for home use in India
Currently, you will find a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to home projectors but you should keep these factors in mind:
There are 5 types of projectors available in the market which you can buy for your home use. These are:
- DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon)
DLP and LCD projectors are lamp-based and the biggest disadvantage is that it contains a bulb which will eventually die. They are cheaper, smaller, and portable than other types of projectors and offer a good contract and darker image. LCDs are able to provide a much better image than DLPs when run on the same lumen count.
On the other hand, laser projectors have a much higher cost and produce the sharpest image and colours needed. They are costly also. LED and LCOS projectors lie in between lamp-based and laser-based projectors and offer great quality.
Projector Surface (Screen)
Your wall can also be used as a projector screen but it will not give you the same quality as a professional projector screen. If you are going to buy a projector then it is recommended that you should spend a little more on the screen as well if you really want to enjoy the full experience.
There are projectors available in the market that provide 4K resolution but they are not so common and best suitable for business usage as the price of 4K projectors are very high. If you are looking for the best projector in India for home then our recommendation is you should go with a 1080P projector as it will be hard for an average viewer to spot the difference in home area settings.
Almost all projector comes with an HDMI input, internal speakers, audio output. You can connect your laptop, tv streaming stick and there are also more options available.
However, other inputs that you should be looking for and comes in quite handy are VGA, USB for PC-less Display, Plug and play USB, Display Port, and WLAN.
Brightness (Power capacity or Lumen Capacity)
The lumen capacity of a projector or the brightness decides how well you will be able to see the image and video in different light settings. Lumen is a unit of brightness to measure it. There are a number of options available in lumens starting from 1800 to 3600 lumens or more in the case of laser projectors to provide you a clearer picture in ambient light.
Zoom Range and Lens Shift
With the control over zoom range and lens shift, you will be able to project your picture in different environments and various conditions and surfaces by controlling the throw distance, position, and size of the display.
It is not necessary that once you have purchased a projector they need to be fixed in one place in your living area. There are small projectors available in the market which you can easily carry in your bag. They are good to go for small outside trips and presentations but as the best projector for home theatre, they are not a good option and they are also quite costly.
There are several options available according to your needs when it comes to buying the best projector for home use or home theaters in India. You have your 4K as well as the SVGA option.
Of course, the 4K Projector will be costlier than the other technologies but you will get what you pay for. In our opinion, if you have an average-sized room and can’t afford a 4K projector for home use then go with a high-resolution one as you will hardly notice too much difference for such a huge difference in money.
Lamp life generally indicates the lifespan of the lamp located inside the projector and is generally represented in hours, depending upon the specifications of the projector.
The source of light for transmitting an image is the lamp itself and it runs on two modes mainly in all the projectors- ECO mode (longer lamp life) and Full power mode(shorter lamp life).
FAQ’s related to the best projector for home in India
What is projector Throw ratio?
The throw ratio is calculated by dividing the distance between the throw distance by the width of the projection image and the throw distance is the distance between the screen and projector.
Based on the throw ratio there are 3 types of projectors available:
- Ultra Throw
- Short Throw
- Long Throw
You should use Ultra Throw and Short Throw projectors if you have a small room and Long throw projectors are suitable where the distance is more.
Benefits of using a projector at home?
There are a number of reasons that you should go with a projector for home use:
- Easy installation – projectors are light in weight, generally between the range of 1-2 kilograms, and can be carried around easily.
- Control over Image size – This is one of the coolest things about using a projector for home use. You have full control over the image size in the output depending upon the throw distance.
- Budget-friendly – If you consider buying a high-end television then a projector will offer you a better picture quality at a much lower price.
- Saves Space – Projectors are generally installed on the roof and hence do not take too much of your space.
- Comfort for eyes – Projectors use reflected lights and the distance between the viewer and screen also plays a major role as you are able to see the media on a bigger scale. This will ultimately put less strain on your eyes and brain and give some comfort in comparison to traditional television.
- Versatile usage – Projectors can be used inside or outside depending upon your mood. For indoor usage, almost all projectors provide good quality but for outdoor usage, you should consider some factors such as brightness level, sound output and screen size.
How many lumens are best for a projector for home use?
We would recommend you to buy a projector which has a brightness of 3000 lumens. If you are tight on budget and want to use the projector indoors only then a 2000 lumens projector will also work fine.
How long can you leave your projector on without overheat?
If you have a dust-free, sunlight-free environment where there is proper air ventilation then you can use your projector 24×7. There will be some heating due to usage in the projector but it will be fine. If you feel it overheats too much then give it some rest or contact the manufacturer.
What are the signs which indicate that my projector needs a new bulb?
There are a few:
- If you turn on your projector and nothing comes up.
- There is a flicker in your output image.
- The colors are completely faded or fading away.
- Some modern projectors have a built-in sensor that indicates when a replacement bulb is needed.