Top 4 Best Electric Blanket in India in 2021
Winter is coming! and if you are looking for the Best Electric Blanket in India then you are at the right place. This blanket will make your life comfortable. The increased extreme climatic conditions have always been a cause of worry and discomfort especially if you are an elderly person.
For hot weather conditions, we have air conditioners available at our homes but when it comes to winter season most of our household uses room heaters as their primary heat-producing products. But room heaters are a costly and not so safe affair and if the temperature drops too low then these heaters are of minimal use.
Having all these problems in mind it is time to use convenient products in your household like electric blankets. They are not only safe but saves a lot of money as compared to a room heater. You simply need to spread the Electric Bed Warmer under the bedsheet and over the mattress and warm your bed up. No need for multiple layers of woolen clothing or heavy blankets for your winter nights. Just one of the bed warmers for a warm nighty night.
The chilly season is just around the corner and if you are anything like then an electric blanket is your BFF ( Best Friend Forever ). Upon deep research, usage, and reviews from different corners of the internet, we have found the best electric blankets for you.
Best Electric Blanket in India in 2021
This is a made in India brand which is a famous choice for electric blankets in India. This product comes in a single as well as double bed size. Key features are:
- The size of the product is 150×80 cms
- Power consumption is 70 watts
- It also has a double safety feature with over Heat protection.
- The overall weight of the product is around 900 grams
Extremely useful product if you are an elder or you have a small child at your home
This is a double bed warmer with multi colors and checked patterns and the name of the brand is comfort. The weight of the product is around 3200 grams.
How to use :
Use the blanket over the mattress with a bedsheet over the blanket.
220 to 250 volts with a wattage of 200 watts. It consumes 2 units of electricity and can be used for 20 hours at a stretch.
Safety instructions for this blanket:
- Never heat the blanket when it is in a folded position.
- This is a non-washable product.
- Not advisable for children below 8 years of age.
- Switch off after a max of 60 minutes. The blanket needs to be checked and switched off after regular intervals to avoid overheating.
This blanket radiates heat from beneath and helps you in getting a good night’s sleep in the winter season.
It is also a premium brand when comes to electric blankets that come with a 2-year warranty. It is the most convenient and economical way of keeping your body warm on a chilly winter night.
- Very useful for aged persons and people suffering from arthritis.
- This standard electric blanket has a short 20-minute heat up time, specially design for HOSPITALS, SPAS, HOTELS, and RESORTS use. It comes with a 2 heat setting controller.
- It is made up of polyester.
- Weight is approx – 2 Kilograms
- Multicolor design.
- – This is a single bed Electric blanket
- – Weight of this blanket is around 0.9 Kilograms
- – Dimensions are 30x30x5 cms
- – Material used is Polyester
- – Non-Washable
- – Autocut of overheating
- – Shockproof and waterproof
Expressions Electric Bed Warmer
Benefits of Electric Blankets:
Save while you are sleeping:
On a chilly night, a warm bed will help you to get a comfortable sleep and when compared to a room heater it is much more convenient and cheaper as you will not be feeling a need to run it overnight just for a couple of hours and that’s it. You will not need it again the same night.
Helps in soothing muscle pain and reduce Stress
If you are an older person or someone who is suffering from arthritis then this product can do wonders for you as applying heat and warmth to the sore muscles and joints helps in reducing the pain and stiffness and alleviate the discomfort
His and Her control panel:
If you and your partner want different settings for your side of the bed then it is also possible as most of the bed warmers come with dual temperature control that can be customized for your side of the bed and manages the individual comfort of two people in one bed.
How to use Electric Blanket:
The most common type of electric blankets used worldwide is the underblanket. You need to place the electric blanket above the mattress and below the bedsheet. Electric blankets usually have a control unit that is used to adjust the amount of heat a blanket will produce which you can adjust according to your need. Most of the blankets have 2 separate controls for his or her side of the bed. You can also use the blanket to pre-heat the bed before you actually dive in for a good night’s sleep keeping you warm and cozy while you are in the bed.
How do Electric blankets work?
Electric blankets use a heating element in which when current is introduced they get heat up. The temperature control switch actually controls the amount of electricity flowing inside the heating element. The more electricity we put in the more charged they become. Earlier insulated wires were used but modern blankets use carbon fiber elements as they are less bulky than the old fashioned wires. In some countries, it is also called a heating pad.
Safety Features of Electric blankets:
Most of the electric blankets work on a low voltage ( between 12 to 24 volts ) These blankets normally have an auto cut feature where they normally shut off automatically approximately every 45 minutes.
How to store an electric blanket:
- Store the cords: Unplug the cord from the wall socket and wrap a plastic sheet or polyethylene around it.
- Fold it loose: Fold the electric blanket loosely, no sharp folds and creases as it may harm the wiring inside.
- Use a Bag: Put the electric blanket in a bag which could be of plastic or any other product and while doing so the temperature controller unit should be on the top while storing it.
- Use a Shelf: You can easily store it on a shelf provided you are not putting anything on top of it the cords are not creased up.
When used in a proper way electric blankets help you to run your thermostat at a lower temperature without sacrificing any warmth or comfort. And this could only be made true if the electric blanket or heating pad is well maintained and properly used.